HG Survivor

Followers

Cluster Maps

Recent Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

I See YOU!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

there is hope!


LOOK!!!! We have bulbs sprouting just outside our front door. Not just 1 or 2 but TWELVE-ish or so.....I saw them this morning and stopped dead in my tracks. I could barely believe it! I even bent down to touch them....they ARE REAL! YAYYYYY! This little sign was such a welcome sight for seasonal affected eyes. I just had to take a picture to share with you all. I may even set it as my profile pic on Facebook. THAT is how excited I am about this. Ha!

This morning, as Chris and I were getting up bright and early, we could hear the birds chirping outside.

Chris mumbled, "Those birds act like it's Spring or something." and I said
"Yep, they're in denial just like me. They act like it is warm outside or something. GRRRR!"

Um. GRUMPY, much?

Although it was only 30 degrees this morning, that is a long way from ZERO; which is how cold it was a month ago! It also got up to 51 degrees today and the sun was out. This is nothing short of a miracle. LOL. Maybe the birds and the bulbs know more than we do. Spring actually is on it's way....it is just being shy and likes to take it's time. There is hope!

In other news....I am busy busy...I thought I would slow down some with my month off. I have.....kinda-sorta. HA! It has been productive in lots of ways. My next major task is to complete the paperwork for the NAPLEX/MPJE, the North American Pharmacist Licensure Examination that I will take after I graduate. I absolutely must pass before I can start working! Crucial!

Speaking of jobs, I have applied to not 1 or 2 but SEVEN-ish jobs so far! I got a big fat NO via email for one of them. "The position has been filled". Alrighty then....onward! I am waiting to hear from the others and still looking for more opportunities out there. I know the perfect job is waiting for me. I really hope to find something that will afford us some family balance and flexibility. I also want something slightly non-traditional. I can't explain it...I will just know it when I find it! I am hopeful!

Update: Just got another NO in the mail from the VA. I did not meet their "specialty experience requirement". Oh well, that commute was a little too long for my liking anyway. Still hopeful...

No comments:

Deciduous Heather