HG Survivor

Followers

Cluster Maps

Recent Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

I See YOU!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Onomatopoeia

Onomatopoeia is a word that imitates or suggests the source of the sound that it describes.

Examples of Onomatopoeia
(google images)

The "THUMP" that came from my basement!
By: Dylan Kennedy, 6th grade

It was a rainy day, my parents were out of the house and my sister was having a sleepover....I was home all alone. I made a fire in my fireplace to warm me up; I sat down to turn on my XBOX 360 when all fo a sudden, "THUMP" I froze....The strange noise came from my basement. "It must be the pipes", I thought out loud. "THUMP" it happened again even louder. I decided I should check it out. As soon as I got down there, "BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" the lights went out, someone or something had turned the power out. I got my flashlight from my roo, "Batteries are dead." I was alone alone in the dark.

I was walking down the creaky stairs wondering what was lurking down in my basement. "AAHHHHHHHH" All of a sudden, a wailing scream echosed from the basement!!! "WAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!" There it was again, the most horrible blood curdling scream I have ever heard in  my entire life. I decided I would have to be brace and find whatever was down there and shut it up for good!!!

When I got down to the basement floor, thwole place was destroyed. "How can I explain this to Dad?" I thought. Out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw something strange. "My eyes must be playing tricks on me" I saild out loud.  "RROOOOOAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR!!!" I nearly jumped into my own arms when I heard that! I now knew that whatever was down here was real and aggresive. Then I saw it, the most disgusting thing I have ever seen in my whole life! It was covered in slime from had to toe and his mouth had over twenty teeth that made up over half of his face! I tried to attack but I was no match for the beast, it jumped on me, my head hit the hard concrete floor, and then I blacked out...........

THE END???????

Dylan's teacher comments: "Great use of Onomatopeoeia! Are you going to write a sequel?"
Grade: 30/30 100%  A+

Mother's comments: Aww! Loved it, but then again I am well aware that I am slightly biased. :)


Also, I must make the following clarifications. This is in fact creative writing, because Dylan would NEVER be allowed to start a fire when he is home ALONE by himself. LOL. I also noticed that he loves CAPITALIZING FOR EMPHASIS in his writing JUST as much as I DO!!!!! Ha! We also share a deep love for the exclamation mark, I see!!!!!  LOL. My favorite part of the paper was "I was so scared I almost jumped into my own arms." LOL Dylan has always had a way with words. Proud of you, Dyl.

No comments:

Deciduous Heather