HG Survivor

Followers

Cluster Maps

Recent Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

I See YOU!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

blooming in ohio

Remember, I posted a couple weeks ago about being thrilled with the surprise bulbs that were peeking up out through the ground and snow? Just when I thought winter was going to last forever, I saw this sweet bulb blooming.


I was so excited to see hints of Spring. This bulb was the picture of hope for me! Today, I noticed that my little bulb was thriving and growing. Alot more green was also popping up all around it. I can't wait to see what color blooms in a few weeks!


Then I took the time to look around and appreciate the other small changes that were happening outside....even though it was raining this morning...I saw more promise all around...just behind my bulbs on the bushes that I thought to-be-sure were completely dead....I saw yellow.


and this afternoon as I was putting away folded laundry, I look out of Dylan's bedroom window....and
Be still my heart, I could not believe my eyes....I saw red. I almost cried a little bit. I definitely squealed. :)


Spring has officially arrived here in Ohio, and that makes me one happy girl. I was picking up the kids from after-school and making small talk with another Dad. He said that since we lived through one winter that makes us official "Northerners"....I am sure the look on my face said, "I doubt it!" Ha!

Then he said, "I bet you will really appreciate how warm and pretty Spring is now....". Now, I happen to agree with that. It was just about 55 degrees here yesterday, but it was quite pleasant. I also took a minute to appreciate the fact that Dylan is NOT fighting the annual "pollen war" that he always ends up losing with his allergies in North Carolina. He has had relief, he can breathe and he's not completely miserable..and for that I am thankful. For that reason alone~ I like Ohio. :)

I can't end this post without also saying that they are calling for snow today. Oh my word~Ha! Oh well, this is still progress, people. Green, yellow and red....officially means that tank top and flip flop weather can't be too far away. I have never wanted a sunburn so bad in my life (.....I'm kidding..kinda...!!). Ha! Happy Spring 2011!

It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade. ~Charles Dickens

No comments:

Deciduous Heather