HG Survivor

Followers

Blog Archive

Cluster Maps

Recent Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

I See YOU!

Monday, September 13, 2010

Goodbye for a little while

Well, I am home from another quick trip to NC. What a whirlwind the last month year has been! I am thankful that I was able to make the trip to home to see my family and tell my sweet Grandma goodbye for a little while.

With Grandma*, December 2008
*scanned picture

Her funeral was nice. They played the requisite "Amazing Grace", which always makes me cry. Grandma looked beautiful. It was especially tough of the family because even though she was 86 years old, she was actually hardly ever sick until she fell on July 25th. It was difficult to watch how quickly her health deteriorated after that. Maybe the alternative would have been much worse? I count it a blessing that she lived such a long and full life and did not have suffer for years on end.

The best part was seeing a ton of family I hadn't seen in a long time. My Daddy came to the funeral which was nice, because he and my mother have been seperated since I was 7. It felt nice to have them both there, and I even got a "family" pic of the 6 of us; my mom, dad, brother and sisters. THAT hasn't happened in a looong time. I will post that later this week.

I am home now and very happy to be. I love my family and North Carolina; it was bittersweet to tell everyone goodbye for a little while (again). We already have plans to go back for a long Thanksgiving weekend, but I am thrilled to know that until then we can FINALLY settle down here and adjust to our new home here in O-HI-O (did I say that right?! lol). Happy Monday, everyone!

1 comment:

Foursons said...

Again, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother. I'm glad the funeral was nice. As hard as funerals are, they can be beautiful too.

Deciduous Heather