HG Survivor


Blog Archive

Cluster Maps

Recent Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

thanksgiving 2010

Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving. We had a whirlwind of a trip home to NC. I mentioned that I would be offline for the week, since we would be in BFE. I assure you that I was indeed in BFE. We were down a long dirt road, where there is no internet access there, and cell-phone service is iffy at best. I love it!!  It is the perfect place to get away from it all and enjoy time and good food with family and friends.

Chris shot guns with his Daddy and made some memories with his brothers. They had a good time with a variety of guns that all make alot of noise and scare me to death. I cooked the entire Thanksgiving spread with with his Mom, and Karsen learned how to make home-made buttermilk biscuits. YUM!

Everyone was BLOWN AWAY by how tall Dylan was. A few months ago he was almost as tall as both of his grandmothers, this time he was much taller than them. Everyone wanted to know, "What am I feeding him?"

We enjoyed sitting by a fire roasting hotdogs and marshmallows and making s'mores with all the cousins in SC. That visit was long overdue.

In all, we made four stops along the way through our NC and SC trip, slept in 3 different beds, ate turkey with all the fixings two days in a row, saw one of our favorite families, all before we got back on the road for the 10 hour drive back on Saturday. Sigh, are you tired yet? Well, it gets  more interesting.

What's grosser than gross? Dealing with a stomach virus on a road trip. Yep, Dylan woke up sick on Saturday morning and he vomitted all the way home. Poor thing. Poor me. Poor anyone who was sitting in the same car as he was. It was rough. I think it was quite fitting that our appetites were absolultely killed after several days of eating everything in sight. Nothing like having a little balance in your life. Ha!

We made it home safe and sound to a very cold Columbus. It was 25 degrees outside and 45 degrees in our house. Whoops! I thought it was a good idea to turn off the heat. Maybe not. We ended up spending the first night back home in front of the fireplace all snuggled together because it took about 18 hours for the house to get warm. What a memorable night. Fortunately, we were all so exhuasted that we slept great as Chris kept the fire going all night for us. <3

And suddenly it is almost December...they are calling for snow tomorrow. A fitting start to our first December here in Columbus. I start another rotation tomorrow. My birthday will be a week later, and I look forward to my sister's long visit later this month. And then there's Christmas! I will check in when I can in December~the most wonderful time of the year.

P.S. Where did this year go?!

1 comment:

Foursons said...

Awe, despite Dylan being sick it sounds like you had a great holiday! I can't believe how much he's grown in a few months too. How old is he now?

Good luck on your new rotation, does it promise to be easier than the last one?

Deciduous Heather