HG Survivor

Followers

Cluster Maps

Recent Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

I See YOU!

Thursday, November 12, 2009

You are My Sunshine

 This was going to start out as a sweet post about my nightly routine with the kids. We always do the same bedtime ritual, brush teeth, lay down, and Mommy will be in to tuck you in and sing
"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are grey!"



Some nights I sing it silly, some nights I sing it sweet, some nights I sing it even when they are grumpy and mad. And tonight was one of those nights. Major stinky-tudes as I like to call them.  Tonight's version could have gone a little differently. Something along the lines of...

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, with major attitudes, on this grey day!"

 Especially our little 8 year old diva.



Little Miss Sunshine Attidude
So, tonight I as I was lovingly tucking Karsen in, I talked to her about her attitude and how I knew she was tired but I really hoped tomorrow would be a better day...etc....the whole time she is glaring at me and then She looks at me and says,
" Well, Momma, why don't you let me just work through my feelings?"
Can we say drama-queen? Where do they come up with these things! I am hoping my little sunshines are a little less grumpy tomorrow!!

2 comments:

Foursons said...

Oh no! Poor thing. I put my kiddos to bed early because they were so cranky after school. Maybe it's the weather change.

Lisa said...

Love the song, that's the song I sang to my sweet girl when she was a baby, 11 years ago. :) It's "her" song, and if I sing it to her little brother, oh no! She too is quite attitudy lately. Girls will be girls!

Deciduous Heather