HG Survivor

Followers

Cluster Maps

Recent Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

I See YOU!

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Happy Happy Joy Joy


Happy Happy Joy Joy!
Today is my last day of class for the whole year!!
I won't go back to school until January 2010!


*Insert Happy Dance HERE*
I have one more semester left in the classroom! In May I start my P-4 rotations which basically will consist of working in 9 different health-care settings (long tern care, hospital, Doctor's office, community pharmacy, drug information center..etc...) each for a month at a time, and learning a ton along the way!




I am excited about transitioning from sitting on my BUM all day, listening to lecturers, feeling brain dead while looking at powerpoint slides (with Immunology algorithms like the one above-bleh!), and taking notes....to actually having the chance to jump in and use what I hopefully have learned during the last 3.5 years! I'm ready to JUST DO IT!



It should be a intense but rewarding learning experience. Many students find their future employers during one of these month long rotations, so I look forward to making connections, meeting people, and potentially finding my future niche in the world of Pharmacy.

That's not all I am excited about. I am looking forward to having some down time.  I love the idea of spending more time with the kids, hanging out and watching movies, not thinking about what I *should* be studying or *need* to be doing instead...there will be plenty of nights of just being lazy or making cookies just cause we want to. And let's not forget that Thanksgiving is right around the corner and there will be plenty of time for family, food, friends, reunions.

5 days with our whole family back together again
I also hope to have a little time set aside for me. In the midst of all the transiton and craziness that has been this past semester, I think know I may  have lost sight of what it means to relax, rest, and unwind.


I'm running on fumes. On E. Empty. Nada. Zilch.
It's time to rest, renew, recharge, and remember that I can't take care of anyone else unless I take care of myself first. I would love to just chill and maybe read a few books, maybe, just maybe start running again, have a day or two of aimlessly Christmas shopping in some of my favorite stores (while the kids are in school), oh and also have a few days where I have nothing planned...oh the possibilities are endless.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh man, I am jealous! My last day of class for the semester isn't until December 7. I CAN'T WAIT! Well yay for you, and I can't wait to read all the posts you'll be sure to be posting, right? on what you did with all that free time! Get a manicure... that's what I really want! And a haircut...and that time to just veg...ahhhh!!! Enjoy!

Katie said...

Heather, enjoy your time off! I know you will, and I hope it's restful, relaxing, and full of fun for you and your family.

Deciduous Heather