HG Survivor

Followers

Cluster Maps

Recent Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

I See YOU!

Monday, July 13, 2009

Not Me Monday!


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I have welcomed my summer break finally! I have been done with my rotation for 1.5 weeks officially and one would think I have taken advantage of this break and down-time and really attacked my house and cleaned all the nooks and crannies....right? Nope, not me!

I have embraced down-time, and we have been very leisurely about everything.......

The new me.... relaxed, care-free, and easy breezy...right? Nope, not me!

I am still stressing all the nooks and crannies, but they are just going to have to wait.

Because we are busy...going to the pool! By the way, I did NOT take my kids to the pool everyday last week~ That would be way too much sun. Nope, not me!

Well, I did not take them to the pool everyday cause one day we did the two hour drive to Wilmington, NC and went to the beach for the day. It was more sun and great fun for all.

With all this running around, it is easy to see how the to-do list for my house has gotten lost in the shuffle.

I really almost promise to do those things on that to-do list this week maybe. I would not procrastinate would I? Nope, not me!

With summer being in full swing there were several other things I did NOT do.

I did not give my kids a late lunch last week and THEN give them ice cream for "supper"! Nope, not me! That would be awful, not to mention irresponsible, and more importantly--very bad for their teeth....well there is a TON of calcium in the ice cream, right? By the way, that bit about the calcium was not my justification for supplementing their supper for one night! Nope, not me!

I also did NOT attend church yesterday and while listening to the pastor talk about "passion" I did not immediately reflect on what my "passions" were and start thinking about FOOD, my most favorite restaurants, and more accurately what we would be eating for lunch AFTER church. I did NOT let my mind wonder, Nope, NOT me!

After church and all that thinking, I did NOT go to the nicer, higher end grocery store in the area and splurge big-time. Nope, not me! We are in a recession, for GOODNESS SAKES!

While roaming around said grocery store (that I did not visit), I did not decide that we needed to celebrate something.....maybe our dog's birthday....cause after all our precious german shepherd only turns 1 year 7 months and 11 days old ONCE!! So, I did not buy a big ol' sheet cake with white and baby blue whipped icing just because it looked yummy and perfect (and was very good thank you very much). I did not buy a birthday cake just because, that would be down-right gluttonous~ Nope, not me!

My entire NOT ME MONDAY post was not solely about food~ Nope, not me.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi! Great Not Me's, and great blog! I always visit the person that linked above me on MckMama's linky. Have a great day!

Foursons said...

Oh gosh. I just about lost it when you started thinking about your passions. Bahahahwahahahawahaha! Great! And I have NEVER bought cake 'cause I was cravin' one. And we did NOT spend 27 out of the 30 days in June at the pool. Nope, no way!

Val said...

I totally laughed at the mind wandering in church...it's something I would also NOT do. ;-)

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Deciduous Heather