HG Survivor

Followers

Cluster Maps

Recent Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

I See YOU!

Saturday, September 15, 2012

chimney rock view

Isn't it funny how a picture can take you back to a place and time. This is one of my favorite pictures from our recent trip to Lake Lure. We climbed Chimney Rock (more about our hike in a future post), and the view from the top is just amazing. You look down at Lake Lure and the entirety of Hickory Nut Gorge. It is beyond beautiful.
 
When we got up there, Dylan was a little unsure of being up that high. When our family visited there 7 years ago, he was running around wild like a little monkey. This time, he sat still.
 
He became fixated on a man that was standing on the very edge of the cliff. His back was turned to us, and Dylan was just watching him. I believe Dylan didn't know if the man was praying or thinking about taking a leap.
 
I think the man was just trying his best to imprint the memory of the view into his mind.
 

Dylan just sat there watching this man. His back was turned and all you could see was  his long robe. He looked like a monk from behind. After a few minutes, Dylan realized he wasn't going to jump and he relaxed.

Imagine his surprise when the man turned around, Dylan noticed they were wearing the same sunglasses. Dylan said, "I didn't know monks wore Oakleys!"

I guess we really aren't that different from each other, are we?

Wishing you all a peaceful weekend!

Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influences of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion. The potential for greatness lives within each of us.  ~Wilma Rudolph

1 comment:

OUR WILD ZOO! said...

Monkeys wear oakleys?

I loved what he said to Dylan :) we are all so very much the same! But I halfway thought he was gonna see if he could fly in that robe, too. Yikes, too close to the edge!

I hope your fall is off to a great start Heather, I've been thinking of you all.

Deciduous Heather