HG Survivor

Followers

Cluster Maps

Recent Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

I See YOU!

Thursday, September 13, 2012

lake lure--then and now

Way back when in the Fall of 2005 we spent Karsen's 4th birthday at Lake Lure! I just pulled up some old pics and sat here and boo-hoo-ed like a baby. I can't handle the nostalgia. LOL

Here was our birthday girl for the trip. Sassy as ever? She went through a phase where this is the pose she would strike when you said, "Cheese!" LOL


We had great weekend visiting the mountains. I remember we stayed in the most perfect little cabin and went fishing at the lake. I think I have shared some of these before, but please indulge me, people! I feel sentimental tonight.


I know this was my first year in Pharmacy school, because of my CAMPBELL shirt I am wearing. It doesn't seem like that long ago, but then again...it does.


Karsen's face kills me here. It is just too cute. And just look at Dylan's baby face and snaggle tooth smile.
 
 
It was a great weekend celebrating this girl's 4th birthday. Seven years later we went back to the same Lake for a week and had another amazing trip. We hiked Chimney Rock in 2005 when we were there, and the kids were such troopers!

Lake Lure, Fall 2005
 
And we re-traced our steps again this year. Here we are 7 years later. Same spot, same rock, same tree. Larger children. :) A different time of year. Fall instead of Summer, and a different time in our lives in many other ways.
 
 
Lake Lure, Summer 2012.
Then and now.
 
“If you are faced with a mountain, you have several options.
You can climb it and cross to the other side. You can go around it.
You can dig under it. You can fly over it.You can blow it up.
You can ignore it and pretend it’s not there.
You can turn around and go back the way you came.
Or you can stay on the mountain and make it your home.” 
~Vera Nazarian

No comments:

Deciduous Heather