HG Survivor

Followers

Cluster Maps

Recent Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

I See YOU!

Sunday, September 11, 2011

september 11th

 
Remembering
10 years ago
I was 23 years old
and I slept in that morning
because Dylan did.
He was two years old
and was playing in lego heaven
on the living room floor.
My belly was brimming over with child
30 weeks along with Karsen.
I turned the TV on and stood there
frozen
just taking in the first images,
feeling very surreal
 like I was watching a movie.

10 years later
I am 33 years old
answering inquisitive questions
from innocent minds
that don't understand
why bad things happen.
Hoping to shield them
from all that is bad in this world.
Praying for healing.
Remembering.

Remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall."
Mahatma Gandhi

No comments:

Deciduous Heather