HG Survivor

Followers

Cluster Maps

Recent Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

I See YOU!

Friday, December 4, 2009

Five Question Friday

I happened upon the cutest blog this week, Mama M. and her Five Crooked Halos, and something she wrote made me laugh. Today when she posted her weekly Five Question Friday link, I decided to join in the fun. Feel free to visit her too if you want to join in the BlogHop fun!




1. Favorite gift you are GIVING this year?
I am going to give alot of books this year. It has been a crazy past few months, so we are going to try to keep it simple for the Holidays. I love books, and my kids do too. All the little kids are getting books this year. Plus, in the past years I think they truly get overwhelmed with toys toys toys and they don't know what to play with first. It feels like a waste sometimes.....Plus, a book is a gift that keeps on giving. (Did that sound cliche'? ) Good thing my kids LOVE to read and LOVE Barnes and Noble and beg to go there. They won't be dissapointed.


2. How many parties are you attending between now and Christmas?
There are a couple of parties plan that we will attend. With my birthday coming up next week and then the holidays, it is sure to be a busy, festive month! Our fave friends are having a party next weekend, the next day our neighbors are doing the same...and before we know it we will be celebrating Christmas.


3. What is your favorite Christmas song?
I LOVE Faith Hill's rendition of "Where Are you Christmas?" from the Grinch soundtrack. I love this song, and if I am being honest with you I have been singing or humming this song for a few weeks now. My children are officially being tortured by it. lol~Here it is...




4. Who was your favorite elementary school teacher and why?
OMG Am I supposed to actually remember any of elementary school teachers? Seriously? I'm OLD! Um.....I don't remember their names, is that awful? I remember (weird) hair-dos and the books that they assigned me to read, but I don't really remember any names. I do remember my 4th grade teacher, because she let me read all the time just to keep me out of trouble. Her name was Mrs. Stewart. I guess she wins my award for fave teacher. Congrats!


5. If you had a choice to live in any other period of time (other than now) what era would you choose and why? Have you seen or read Cold Mountain? I would love to live in the mountains of NC with Chris, in a huge farm house with a ginormous porch, and raise and grow all of our food and children. Late 1800s, simple days, without the War....but, if and only if, there was a mall nearby, and a Panera Bread when I did not feel like cooking...ok, hmmm, maybe I need to re-think my answer...

TGIF, everyone!

5 comments:

Foursons said...

I was shaking my head when you said you wanted to live in the 1800's. No way would I want to do that much work! I'd love to be next door neighbors with June Cleaver though!

Together We Save said...

I love this post!! My kids love books too..they are all getting the Christmas box.

Carrie said...

Thanks for stopping by the blog! What a precious family you have! You should link up with a cookie recipe... the post will be going all week.

hope to see you back at Little Llamas!

OUR WILD ZOO! said...

Heather, your blog is amazing! What a beautiful family you have- truly you've been blessed. I loved your awesome photos and your many interests. You are a woman wearing many hats! I hope you're enjoying this beautiful time of year and p.s. if your daughter wants a robe, we got ours at the GAP- 50% off this week (here in AZ) and it is sooo super soft and cozy =) Warning, you won't want to quit squeezing her, ha! Keep in touch, bloggy friend!

XO

tiarastantrums said...

that was such a lovely post!!

I'm giving mostly handmade gifts this year and they are turning out better than I had hoped!!



tiarastantrums.com

Deciduous Heather