HG Survivor

Followers

Cluster Maps

Recent Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

I See YOU!

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Few of my Favorite (Fall) Things


1. Brown-Brown, brown brown as far as the eye can see. Orange, cinnamon, yellow, and brown leaves all around. I love brown, and this season is so beautiful to me. Our crepe myrtle tree is a beautiful orange right now, and all over the place leaves are floating...down, down, down.

2. Autumn Scented candles- This one is my fave this year.. LEAVES from Bath & Body Works. It smells so yummy! It makes the house feel so cozy and warm. I bought a couple last week, and now I need to go back and get a few more. They are the best! Trust me.



3. Breakin' out the BLUE JEANS!-Vigoss are my favorite brand right now (see above). The flap on the back pocket is great for skinny gals with small hips that are kinda lacking in the bootie department. But let's keep that between you and me. Granted, instead of the high heels pictured above, I tend to opt for clogs or boots when picking the kids up from school. I can't pull off the animal-print heels....Plus, I would totally break my ankle.


4. Cooking comfort food. I love one pot wonder meals, like homemade chicken n pastry--aka chicken n dumplings in other parts of the country--we call it pastry round these parts! It is my all-time fave food, always has been. I have memories of my mom rolling it out by hand...the only way to make it. I have a few short-cuts that I use, but it is still yummy--whoever said "Food is not love" hasn't had a bowl of my chicken n pastry~ it makes all of us very, very happy.

5. BIRTHDAYS!! FALL brings about the annual Birthday marathon in our household. We have a series of birthdays coming up~ Dylan just turned 10 a couple of weeks ago. Karsen turns 8 in a couple of weeks, and I turn 32 in early December! ..and throw Thanksgiving into the mix. That's a whole lot of celebrating....a lot of birthday cake AND turkey and dressing...although not at the same time.

What are a few of your favorite things this time of year?

1 comment:

tiarastantrums said...

hee hee - I'm with you - I can't wear high heels any more - once I popped out some babies - I forgot how to teeter around!

Deciduous Heather