HG Survivor

Followers

Cluster Maps

Recent Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

I See YOU!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

hopeless romantic

I am a hopeless romantic. Always have been, likely always will be. I was the girl in middle girl that was always secretly "in love" with someone but never talked to that boy. I was the annoying girl in high school that was constantly doodling hearts and initials in the borders of my notebook paper during math class.

Love, love, love, all you need is love, right?

It is funny how your idea of love can change. I used to think that love was "calling me back when you said you would". Oh silly boys, silly times, silly me.

I have come a long way in the love department. In my defense, I never had a good example to follow, a true picture of what love really looked like. All I saw was separation, dysfunction, abuse....that eventually collided and broke into a million little pieces.

I took a chance, with no experience, little prior knowledge, and so many high expectations and jumped in head-first in love in 1997 and haven't looked back since.



Thank you, Chris, for helping me put together all the tiny little pieces. Turning something ugly into something beautiful. Into something good, something real, and something that continues to grow and thrive.

Thank you for being patient with me and for showing me what true love really means. Thank you for loving me. All of me. All the knicks, quirks and crannies that is ME, you know them all, and you love me anyway. I am so lucky.

Happy Valentine's Day!
Love, Heather

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Deciduous Heather