HG Survivor

Followers

Cluster Maps

Recent Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

I See YOU!

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

goulash post

My Mom used to make us goulash for supper when we were younger. Years later I now realize it was a convenient way to get rid of leftovers. Goulash was basically a big ol' pot of this and that warmed up and mixed together. Usually corn, tomatoes, green beans, potatoes or whatever we had (which wasn't alot). Goulash. Simple. Different everytime. This and that. Crowd pleaser.

Goulash is what I thought about when I sat down to write this post. I miss my blog. I haven't been able to spend as much time here as I have in the past. The past two weeks have been CRAZY,  But, I miss blogging so here I am. :)

Some this and that (goulash of words) for you....

My sister's surgery and anticipated 7-10 hospitalization has turned into a 6 week stay at Johns Hopkins Hospital. *Fingers crossed* and praying that she will be able to go home to NC tomorrow or the next day at the latest. She really has been through so much, and I pray that her strength and spirit will be restored swiftly when she is home with her family that loves her very much. I am counting down to next week when we visit for Thanksgiving. I can't wait to see her and everyone else!

I can't welcome Winter to Ohio without posting one last pic from our Summer. Awww, Summer. I love you.  I will really try to welcome Winter with a happy heart, but I can't promise you I won't complain along the way. Dear Summer Tan, I miss you already. Love, Me. Sigh...here's to scarves, boots and down coats that will be my life until May 2012. 

Dylan surpasses me in size
I talked with a friend that lives in Georgia today and he mentioned it was 80 degrees there today. As I sit here writing this post, I have socks on, I am drinking coffee, and a fire is roaring in the fireplace. Needless to say, it was NOT 80 degrees here today.

The kids have had a busy few weeks. Piano recitals for both and Veteran's Day program performances for Karsen.  Flu shots. Dentist and orthodontists appointments. Teacher conferences for both kiddos. Overall,  a great start to 4th and 7th grade for Karsen and Dylan.

Things are just zooming along here with us. Busy busy, and most weeks I feel like I am STILL adjusting to working full-time. I look forward to the next few weeks with trips to NC, Christmas shopping after Thanksgiving, and a long overdue datenight with my hubby to celebrate my birthday (we found a babysitter finally). I can't believe that 2011 is coming to a close.

Oh, I almost forgot the most exciting part of my day. All of the pharmacists at work decided to play the LOTTO last week on 11/11/11. We played and 4 of our 6 numbers matched! WE WON!!



We won...........

 $70. SEVENTY BUCKS!! I paid $2 to play and won $7. Any accoutants or financial advisors that may be reading can't argue with that impressive return.  :)

Right now I have two kids that need to be reminded to brush their teeth and tucked in for the night. Then I plan to snuggle with my hubby on the couch and watch some College Basketball. GO DUKE! OK, I will conceed to the fact that Fall and Winter at least has Duke Basketball. I love it!

That my friends, is most likely the most random and varied post I have ever written. Yay to Goulash. Yay to random. There, I feel better. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Foursons said...

Yesterday it was 86* here. We are begging for fall temperatures.

I hate to hear such frustrating news about your sister. I pray for the doctors and nurses to have all the knowledge and wisdom they need to care for her and God's healing hand to be on her.

Happy Thanksgiving Heather, I hope you have a blessed, relaxing holiday with your family!

(And oh my gosh, Dylan has grown way to much!)

Deciduous Heather