HG Survivor

Followers

Cluster Maps

Recent Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

I See YOU!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

a perfect weekend

It's been a week since I packed my bags to stay here in NC for the month of April. I spent my first week staying with my Aunt Brenda and family. It was a good week of catching up and late nights and way too much food to mention. I could tell they have been missing me! It was nice to just sit back and catch up on everything. Aunt Brenda's house used to be my favorite place to visit when I was growing up, so it was nice to come back for a little while. But, I can't sleep. Ugh.

So, this weekend Chris arrived in NC to visit his parents and pick up the kids from their Spring Break!  Dylan and Karsen had a wonderful and fun week with thier grandparents while I have been on rotation. I was so happy to see my whole family on Friday night. It had only been a week, but that is a long time to go without seeing your favorite people in the world. Dylan and Kasren both looked like they had grown two inches. Sheesh!

We had a wonderful weekend! Friday night we ate at one of our favorite places! READ: THE BEST SWEET TEA ON FACE OF THE EARTH!.....I promise! Then when we got back to his parents' house we were both tired.....we ended up just rocking on the front porch until the sun went down. It was wonderful being outside (without freezing to death)....and just talking and catching up. It was a peaceful way to end our crazy, hectic week. Friday night I slept like a rock. I am pretty sure I am was COMATOSE. It was the best!

Cousins at dusk; Karsen, Leigha, and Hailey
On Saturday morning, we all slept in. HALLELUJAH! Then we spent more time outside, playing with cousins, fishing in the pond out behind his parent's house, walking down dirt roads, smelling the wisteria, looking at the lil' chicks in the pen, talkig with his Daddy about plans for this year's vegetable garden, and then swinging on the front porch some more. In the afternoon we went shopping for summer clothes for the kids (Dylan really has grown about 5 inches since last summer)! After that, we spent the rest of the day grilling out and spending time with the whole family. The kids had a blast! It was quite possibly the most perfect weekend.

Which made it even more difficult to tell them goodbye this morning.....  :( Sad face.

Chris and the kids are back on the road, OHIO bound and I am on my way to do homework in preparation for my second week of this last rotation! I miss them already, but I am so thankful that I got to spend this weekend with them!

No comments:

Deciduous Heather