HG Survivor

Followers

Cluster Maps

Recent Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Thursday, December 30, 2010

and then there were three


So long to another rotation. Done and over with. See ya!

Today was my last day at the VA~! and that makes me oh-so-happy. It was a great month. I ended it on a positive note by saving a man's life. Well, I didn't save his life...I just didn't ignore him, and he got the care he needed. It had a happy ending. :) 

He also told me that "if Pharmacy school doesn't work out for you, then you should be a super-model". LOL, I told him, "No sir, I doubt it, plus I am way to old for that"...then he said "Nah, 40s the new 20" Um......HELLO, I am NOT 40!!!.....  Talk about a back-handed compliment. Haha!

The VA was my sixth rotation out of nine! And now there are only three left. WOW~ !

On another exciting note....I have started applying of jobs.  I was contacted by a past preceptor...she told me that the Children's Hospital, where I was on rotation in October, will be hiring 6 new graduates to start next summer! That would be perfect timing for me. I applied for the job the next day.

My preceptor from this month told that there are two job openings that I should consider applying for...they are both located about 30 minutes from our house in really RURAL settings. One is a small office that is essentially made up of one doctor, 2 nurses, and one pharmacist.  Evidently the fact that is a small office out in the country with a small staff is a turn-off for some people. The other is a work-from-home opportunity. I applied for both. :) I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have either of these jobs.

So, I have some prospects.....in the meantime, I am praying that the right opportunity will come along for me and our family...*fingers crossed*

Next Monday I head back to the Children's Hospital for another month. It feels a little less daunting because I was there in October and have already met some people. But first, a three day holiday weekend ahead.

I can't believe it is almost 2011~ FINALLY! It's gonna be a good one.

“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” Eleanor Roosevelt

1 comment:

Foursons said...

Congrats on finishing another rotation! And what the heck is wrong w/that man thinking you're in your 40's?! Hahaha

I think all the job prospects sound great. Personally, a small office in a rural area sounds splendid to me but so does the work-at-home job. How can you be a pharmacist from home though?

Happy New Year!

Deciduous Heather