HG Survivor

Followers

Cluster Maps

Recent Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

I See YOU!

Thursday, December 30, 2010

and then there were three


So long to another rotation. Done and over with. See ya!

Today was my last day at the VA~! and that makes me oh-so-happy. It was a great month. I ended it on a positive note by saving a man's life. Well, I didn't save his life...I just didn't ignore him, and he got the care he needed. It had a happy ending. :) 

He also told me that "if Pharmacy school doesn't work out for you, then you should be a super-model". LOL, I told him, "No sir, I doubt it, plus I am way to old for that"...then he said "Nah, 40s the new 20" Um......HELLO, I am NOT 40!!!.....  Talk about a back-handed compliment. Haha!

The VA was my sixth rotation out of nine! And now there are only three left. WOW~ !

On another exciting note....I have started applying of jobs.  I was contacted by a past preceptor...she told me that the Children's Hospital, where I was on rotation in October, will be hiring 6 new graduates to start next summer! That would be perfect timing for me. I applied for the job the next day.

My preceptor from this month told that there are two job openings that I should consider applying for...they are both located about 30 minutes from our house in really RURAL settings. One is a small office that is essentially made up of one doctor, 2 nurses, and one pharmacist.  Evidently the fact that is a small office out in the country with a small staff is a turn-off for some people. The other is a work-from-home opportunity. I applied for both. :) I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have either of these jobs.

So, I have some prospects.....in the meantime, I am praying that the right opportunity will come along for me and our family...*fingers crossed*

Next Monday I head back to the Children's Hospital for another month. It feels a little less daunting because I was there in October and have already met some people. But first, a three day holiday weekend ahead.

I can't believe it is almost 2011~ FINALLY! It's gonna be a good one.

“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” Eleanor Roosevelt

1 comment:

Foursons said...

Congrats on finishing another rotation! And what the heck is wrong w/that man thinking you're in your 40's?! Hahaha

I think all the job prospects sound great. Personally, a small office in a rural area sounds splendid to me but so does the work-at-home job. How can you be a pharmacist from home though?

Happy New Year!

Deciduous Heather