HG Survivor

Followers

Cluster Maps

Recent Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

I See YOU!

Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Road Not Taken


This morning, I've been thinking alot about decisions we make in life...sometimes it's the difficult decisions that you make along the way that end up being for the best. It is so hard to see the truth in that when you are in the middle of a trying time in your life, but later on when the dust settles it becomes clear.  You will be able to see that it really was the right decision. Even when you feel lost...when your faith in shaken, you just have to trust that you made the right choice.  Eventually you will see that the hard times were worth it and that you were heading in the right direction all along.

This has always been one of my favorite poems.
The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth; 

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same, 

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back. 

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
~Robert Frost

1 comment:

Foursons said...

Hey girl, glad to hear you are feeling better about things. I'm going to test your schooling: I'm allergic to codeine. They kept trying to give me hydrocodone at the ER last night. Huh?

Deciduous Heather