HG Survivor

Followers

Cluster Maps

Recent Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

I See YOU!

Friday, June 25, 2010

Do you want the good news or the bad news?

So, good news first! I am done D-O-N-E, DONE! with my 2nd rotation. It was great and proved to be another wonderful learning experience (despite having the tough resident there intimidating me along the way). As the month went on, and I continued to prove myself, she slowly but surely warmed up to me. I guess “killing someone with kindness” really works!

Today, I had my final evaluation and got feedback from the preceptor and from the resident. He said my “thought process was perfect”. WHAT?! She said they calculated everything after grading me on the 50 different objectives for the month and my grade came to a 89.2%~a B! I fell short of an A by 0.3 points?! NO!…..sheesh!

Oh well, I was ready to accept that and move on, but then she continued talking. She said “We both agreed that you are an A student, and you deserve an A! It was a joy to have you here for the month.” WHAT?!

I can’t believe those nice words, let along COMPLIMENTS, were coming out of her mouth. YAY! I got an A! Two rotations down, 7 to go till I am done with school! Yay!

The not so good news…this week proved to very disheartening on several levels. We are in the midst of the federal relocation process due to Chris’ job, and to put it nicely, it has been one headache after another. We’ve had 3 appraisals, and I can’t tell you how hard I worked to have the house, yard, and everything in tip-top-shape for these appraisals. Not an easy job to do by yourself.

We got the final #s back today, and they appraised our house to be worth $20,000 less than what we bought it for four years ago…..I know the market stinks right now…but we can’t take a loss on this house and have nothing to put into the next house. It was so sad to hear the numbers and then even more discouraging to do the math.

Now, we have to adjust our listing price to their numbers, or we are OUT of the relocation program. Not fair! Initially, I was extremely upset. Then, I was mad. Now, I don’t know how to feel. I think I am numb, because this has proven to be such a long, tough process. Chris and I are both tired. We want our family back together.It's safe to say that we are both terribly discouraged. We have been living in two different cities for 10+ months now. Enough!

Our house has been on the market 80 days now…and we have not had any offers and only 9 showings….not a lot of traffic.

I am trying to just hang in there…but I am falling short. I am trying to keep things as “normal” as possible for the kids…and I fear that I am falling short there as well. I strive to stay optimistic, to remain hopeful that everything will work out, and know that all the "details" will fall into place. However, this week I fell short.
“When things are bad, we take comfort in the thought that they could always be worse. And when they are, we find hope in the thought that things are so bad they have to get better.”

1 comment:

Foursons said...

Well first off, congrats on your A! Sounds to me as if your attitude got you that .3 points. Great job chica, be proud of yourself.

Sorry to hear about the house. That stinks beyond words and I am so sorry. What about that govt. program that helps people who are upside down on their mortgage? I know nothing about it other than what I just typed. Good luck.

Deciduous Heather