HG Survivor

Followers

Cluster Maps

Recent Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

I See YOU!

Sunday, November 17, 2013

fourteen


 
Happy 14th birthday to our first born.
We can not believe you are 14, Dylan!
You are such a daily joy in our lives. Your quick wit and sarcasm still make us laugh (and sometime shake our heads) every.single.day.of.our.lives. Sometimes I am just blown away by your insightfulness. You truly are an old soul. Check out your "Save Ferris" shirt. Clearly you are several decades ahead of your time.
 
 
Marching to the beat of your own drum is something you do with ease now. No worries about what anyone else thinks. Your confidence has grown by leaps and bounds in the last few years. And that makes my heart happy.


Glasses were a new look for you this past year. At the end of 8th grade you happened to mention that "sometimes no matter where you sit in class, you can't see"! I got you in to the doctor within a few weeks and was shocked to find out you were blind! The glasses took care of that though, and I think they just add to your charm. Rather Clark Kent-esque if you don't mind my saying. :)

Your recent 13/14 year old stats at the pediatrician's appointment were:
Height- 73 inches, or  6 foot 1 in tall and 95% on growth chart
Weight- 118 lbs or 50% on growth chart  
Tall and skinny.
It goes without saying that it is truly a challenge to find blue jeans that fit right now. Sigh.



You are our resident movie critic and pop culture connoisseur. One of your favorite movies all time is "Pan's Labyrinth" directed by Guillermo del Torro.  One of the things you asked for your birthday was a painting of the fawn from the movie. Your Dad surprised you with the above painting on your birthday. Your reaction was priceless (and captured on my iPhone). However, I have promised you to "not post it on any form of social media". So, I will honor your request. :) (for now) just so you know that contract expires when you go away to college.

 
When we moved back to NC this Fall, I thought it was  important to get you involved in activities right away. I signed you up for golf, and who would've guessed it, but you were a natural. Your 3 man team won 1st place in the division this year, and you even got your first birdie! Way to go, Dylan! I had fun going with you to your tournaments and watching you act like your golf club was a light saber in between holes. :)


Here is your 9th grade school picture. You definitely changed so much in the past year. You can't see it here, but you have a Captain America shirt on underneath your collared shirt. This picture epitomizes where you are in life right now. You look and sound like a grown man in so many ways, but you are still so little boy underneath all of that knowledge and vocabulary....I still see glimpses of the boy that stole my heart 14 years ago. I am so excited to see where your path may lead.

Happy 14th birthday, Pa!
We are so proud of you every single day, and I count it a blessing to be your Momma!
 
Looking back over the years...
 

No comments:

Deciduous Heather