HG Survivor

Followers

Cluster Maps

Recent Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

I See YOU!

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Harbor Island Day 3


it's a daily ritual at the island
the shrimps boat come and go
several times throughout the day
and we sit back, relax and watch them
 
 
hard at work
with no seemingly pattern to their course
and with them always come
the dolphins and the pelicans
(so fun to watch) up close
you could even differentiate the fins of the dolphins
and there was one particular dark, and uneven fin
I would look for everyday

 
 and then after a long day
as the sun fades the boats return back to the marina
just to do it all over again tomorrow
 
 
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
-Mark Twain
 
 
 


1 comment:

Foursons said...

I don't know how I missed Parts 1 & 2. I'm going to have to go back. Sorry I've been such a lousy commenter. I usually read everything you post and then get distracted somehow. :/

Your pictures are gorgeous. We used to hang at the docks when the shrimp boats pulled up and catch all the crab they'd throw overboard for our dinner. Ha. I guess you could call either lazy or smart fishermen.

Deciduous Heather