HG Survivor

Followers

Cluster Maps

Recent Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

I See YOU!

Monday, January 2, 2012

merry christmas and a happy new year!

I sit here in disbelief that I must return back to work tomorrow! It is snowing sideways here right now, and I am so thankful that I did not have to get out there in the snow and cold today. One more day of cozy, snuggle time....then back to reality.

Christmas was an absolute whirlwind for us as we made the long drive back to NC for a four day weekend.  We spent time with both sides of our families, but when we left I think we all felt like there was just not enough time spent with any of them.
We brought in the New Year nice and quiet-like. I still can not believe that it is 2012! 2011 was such a big year for us . Here is a rewind of the year in pictures.

The first Ohio winter for us. We adjusted nicely and managed to have some fun along the way.


We thought about pursuing new dreams and spent time reflecting on everything we had been through to realize other dreams that we had been working on for a while.  


The kids continued to thrive and grow where they were planted.
They love Ohio!


In April I spent one last week with my Pharmacy School friends. Saying goodbye was tough, and I miss them all so much already. What a wild and crazy journey we shared together; 5 years. I was so proud of them all! I will never forget them or more importantly the strength, encouragement and love we gave each other along the way.


Spring brought goodbyes but also brought promise of new things, new hopes, and a new beginning.


In the Spring, I interviewed for and got the one job that I really, really wanted but thought I had no real chance of getting!  Talk about being blessed. I bid farewell to being a student and hello to the world of being a working Mom!



All work and no play makes me grumpy, so we spent the Summer having some fun too!
Sunset Beach was a wonderful week with friends and family.

And because we are beach bums at heart, we also had  wonderful week spent at Harbor Island, SC and Savannah, GA in August.


After that we made our way back up I-77 North to start a new school year.


We welcome Fall with open arms and BOO at the ZOO!

My sister fought for her life at Johns Hopkins Hospital for over two months...and now is at home with a long road ahead of her. Most of my New Years' prayers and wishes were for her. Praying that 2012 is a year of complete healing and growth for her. We miss her visits here to Ohio and this was the first Christmas morning in 5 years that she did not spend the morning at our house. I miss her dearly. We all miss her smile, laugh and spirit. We love you, Aunt Suzy.


We had a wonderful year, full of many blessings. We are excited about 2012 and everything it may bring our way. I am thankful for my family. I am thankful for Chris, who really does take care of all of us. I am so thankful.

 I want to end this post with my three favorite pics of this year. 
I pray that we have a happy and healthy 2012.


And I wish the same for you all too!
Happy New Year from our family to your's!


Love,
Us




1 comment:

Foursons said...

Y'all had a HUGE year! I hope that 2012 brings great news for your sister and that God's mighty healing hand is upon her body.

Happy New Year Heather!

(I return to work tomorrow too- blah.)

Deciduous Heather