HG Survivor

Followers

Cluster Maps

Recent Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

I See YOU!

Sunday, January 8, 2012

just words

I have writers block. I used to approach my blog like it was my personal journal, just writing this and that and random thoughts punctuated with pictures. Tonight, I don't have any pictures. Just words. We had a virus attack one of our laptops this week. FUN. Um, totally not something that I can even pretend to know how to fix. Ugh. Chris took care of it, or so it seems. We can now get online, but I think it is a matter of time before that circa de 2006 laptop just self-implodes in one giant puff of smoke. *POOF* So, I gave myself permission to go ahead and purchase my Valentine's Day present. Thanks, Chris! Happy early Heart Day! <3 I got the new IPAD 2! This is my first Apple product. It is very user-friendly, but SOOOO different than what I am used to. The first thing I asked the salesperson was "can I blog on this high-tech-doo-hickie?" LOL So, here I am, giving it a shot. I got the convertible keyboard that goes with it. So it feels like a special little laptop, but way more fun! It is what all the Moms at gymnastics have. I realized that after I took it out of the box. I had been wondering what those nifty lil toys they tapped on during their son/daughter's 90 minute long class were...now I know. Now I am a happy owner. Now I may even be able to blog more! YAY Karsen had a friend over last night, and I have never ever heard so much giggling in all of my life. Who woulda thunk that hearing other people's children laugh could wear you out so? ;) Chris and Dylan had a boys' night last night and went to see a movie Chris knows I would not care to see. LOL They saw Sherlock Holmes and grabbed Pei Wei TO GO on the way home. Dylan's fave! Dylan gave the movie 4/4 stars.....a top 5 movie EVER for him. Dylan is quite fickle when it comes to movie, however. They had a great time and were not subjected to 5 hours of straight giggling. I don't think they could have taken it. We made it church this morning for the first time since before all the holiday travels. I really can sincerely say that it was such a blesssing to be there. This particular message really touched my heart. Our church is doing a 8 week long series on "Healing Your Heart". This morning's message was about "Do you carry a twig of bitterness in your heart?" In the message a little girl named, Sally, bore the twig of bitterness in her heart when her parents got divorced when she was 7 years old. She carried this twig with her for years and years and this twig turned into a big, prickly tree that surrounded her heart. As she grew up, the tree suffocated good things that tried to enter her heart. It robbed nutrients and light that kept anything else from growing there. It starved out good things that may have started taking root into her life and heart. It made me cry because I realized that old hurts still lived in my heart. By allowing those old hurts to take up space I was preventing healthy, happy things from starting to grow there. Do you have old hurts that take up unnecessary room in your heart? I do. Chris is so sweet because he knows this shook me to the core. He is waiting to talk to me about it when the kids go to bed. He knows he can't heal all those hurts, but by being there to listen, it helps. To just say things out loud. Just get the words out. Thanks for listening too.

1 comment:

Foursons said...

I have no idea what the little keypad thing is you speak of for your IPad, but it sounds cool! I love that you didn't know what you had until after you bought it too. Hahahaha.

I totally have some past hurts hanging around. They really do breed nasty things in my life.

Deciduous Heather