HG Survivor

Followers

Cluster Maps

Recent Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

I See YOU!

Thursday, January 30, 2014

around here

We are doing our best to stay warm around here. This week was filled with snow, and LOTS of it! The kids have only been to school one day this week, and I have serious doubts that they will be going tomorrow. We are watching a lot of Netflix and cooking all kinds of fun things. Here are few pics of the fam playing in the snow.

 
 
 
Of course, just because they had a snow day didn't mean I got to stay home from work. BOO! It took me two hours to get to work yesterday and two hours to get home. That does not make for a happy Momma. When I got home, I didn't know whether to cuss or cry, I was so stressed out. I decided to not do either one, instead I ate a yummy dinner that included homemade biscuits! Thanks, to my hubby for taking good care of me.  I am SO happy that I did not have to work today.

In other news, Chris' Dad is still in the hospital. He has been at Duke for 10 1/2 weeks now. YEP. Isn't that crazy? It really does feel like forever. He has a long road ahead of him, and he has been such a fighter. This last week he was treated for another aspiration pneumonia, but thankfully he is doing much better after 5 days of IV antibiotics. We are praying he gains weight, builds up his strength, and will be ready for one more surgery in the next month or so. I would love for him to be able to go home soon. That is the one thing he asks for the most. Chris is there visiting with him today. The flu season really forced Duke to tighten up on their visitation policy, so sadly he can't see the kids right now. :(

Karsen had her Winter Strings concert last month. It was so much fun, and I am really happy I forced her   she decided to continue with the violin and orchestra as her elective again this year. Her orchestra teacher's comments on her last report card read "she is extremely conscientious". Yes, she is! Honestly, she really loves it too, especially now that they are learning more challenging techniques.

Here are few pictures from concert night. She had to wear all black, but she did get away with a little flower in her hair.

 
This is her, "Mom, you aren't going to sit there and take pictures the whole time are you?" look. LOL

 
Aunt Suzy came to watch, and she was even sweet enough to buy Karsen's concert outfit. Thanks, Aunt Suzy! Check out her lace tights in the picture below. Not sure if Momma would have bought those. ;) Check out the laced back.
 
 
 
My Dad was even able to surprise her and watched the concert too.  :)  It was a fun night!
 
Well, the natives kids are getting restless. They definitely have cabin fever, but I am not braving the roads today--we are staying HOME! I have potato soup in the crockpot for later. Yum! Dylan is watching an X-files marathon, and I have promised Karsen she can "do my make-up". Oh my. :) Hope you are enjoying this cold, winter day too!

1 comment:

OUR WILD ZOO! said...

I miss your blogging and great photos! So random to hear from me after all this time :) but I wanted you to know I appreciate your writing and perspective!

Deciduous Heather